The Advantages of an ISB Education
There are as many reasons to take an IB education and joining the ISB community as there are students in our school. However, we would like to emphasis what in our opinion are some of the main advantages of being a student at ISB.
Ten aspects that make ISB an international school of choice:
- Since the school first opened its doors in 1975, ISB has been a not-for-profit foundation.
- We were the first MYP accredited school globally.
- We have 50 nationalities and we speak 45 different languages. Teachers’ nationalities also reflect our diverse student population.
- We have a 1:7 teaching ratio.
- Class sizes range from 15 to 22.
- Our community embraces our diverse and inclusive student, teacher and parent body.
- Parents are partners in our children’s education.
- We intentionally plan for learning both inside the classroom and in the wider community.
- Teacher’s qualifications are recognized both by Norwegian as well as international countries around the globe.
- Each of our students integrates technology where it supports learning best.