Learning and Wellbeing Support Team
Each student has unique personal, social, emotional and educational needs. ISB works to provide all students with the support they need for successful academic, social, and emotional development throughout their school years.
The Learning and Wellbeing Support Services (LWSS) team includes the School Counselor, the IENS Coordinator, and the ELS Coordinator. LWSS works closely with the School Nurse. This team meets regularly with the Director and the principals to discuss and evaluate the wellbeing and progress of students
The LWSS sees communication and collaboration at the heart of what we do, therefore we are proactive in making early contact with students and parents as soon as the need arises. We also encourage students and parents to do the same.
ISB SEL Definition
Social-emotional learning (SEL) is the process of developing a healthy approach to school, work, and life through self-awareness, self-control, and interpersonal skills.
At ISB we enable students to:
- Respect themselves, both mentally and physically
- Respect others
- Respect the learning, social, and natural environments
Our goal in doing this is to:
- Maintain positive social relationships
- Develop emotional intelligence
- Achieve personal success in school and life
We do this by:
- Providing knowledge, skills, and attitudes through the International Baccalaureate programme