WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
When recruiting we emphasise:
- Diversity (presently our 40 teachers come from 15 countries)
- Intercultural competence
When looking for teachers, we seek those who:
- Consider teaching a calling
- Dedicated to student-centered and project based learning
- Foster a sense of belonging
- Bring a variety of experiences for colleagues and students to learn from
- Are trained in inquiry based pedagogy
- Are highly trained experts in their field
- See parents as partners
We are seeking from August 2022:
LOWER SCHOOL PRINCIPAL
We are seeking an educator and manager who would enjoy being part of a school where this is how we work and learn together
Relevant Qualifications and Desired Experience:
- An appropriate degree in Education;
- Certified teacher status in Norway. This can be applied for once a contract has been signed (NOKUT and UDIR Accreditation are required for permanent contracts);
- Well acquainted with International Baccalaureate philosophy and processes;
- Experience as a leader in school, preferably an international school;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Experience in product quality control (ISA tests, national tests or similar);
- Strong interpersonal skills;
- An understanding and commitment to safeguarding and child protection policies and procedures;
- English language fluency.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Ensure professional leadership for the Lower School, ensuring the highest possible quality of education for the students in accordance with the school’s mission;
- To ensure that the operation of the Lower School reflects the school’s philosophy and the International Baccalaureate Learner Profile;
- To be responsible for all aspects of the day to day management of the Lower School and to administer and supervise systems and routines to ensure the efficient operation of this section of the school, including the extended daycare programme;
- To serve as a member of the Leadership Team representing the Lower School, but also contributing to whole school planning and decision-making;
- To ensure that parents are informed of student academic progress through regular communication and reporting;
- To lead the curriculum as the PYP Coordinator;
- To actively promote the school admission process.
- Contribute to the ongoing development of an environment of safety in which every child can flourish;
- Conduct oneself professionally, operating at all times in line with ISB’s Core Values, policies and procedures;
- Demonstrate a willingness to communicate openly, calmly and professionally as part of the Lower School team;
- Be an active, positive participant in collaborative planning and meetings,
- Meet deadlines set by the Director.
We are offering:
- An inspiring international working environment;
- An active workplace where we see and encourage each other;
- An exciting and stimulating professional environment in constant development;
- Professional and personal development.
All successful candidates will undergo an extensive background check and are required to provide a police clearance certificate from the last country they have lived in as well as their home country.
Send letter of application and CV no later than January 31, 2022 to:
Renate Tviberg Hegre
HR and Finance Manager
Teachers joining the ISB will be required to have their qualifications recognised by NOKUT and two years experience in teaching will be expected.
We hope you will consider joining us and further enhance our learning journey! We pride ourselves on being an inclusive school and a close community.
Please keep an eye on vacancies, which we advertise here, GRC and on LinkedIn.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Renate Tviberg Hegre,
HR & Finance Manager